Thursday, January 26, 2012
No Facebook, Twitter, nor any other social network/sites is accessible in our office. Google and I rally around different sites as to cover my idle time (Sorry! I have to at least pretend that I’m busy). As I was browsing yesterday (Take note! I only do this when I have finished working), I stumbled upon a website which tackles interesting, Silly, funny, and fun facts of life. The random facts about women caught my attention.
To make it more interesting, I chose 5 facts to present and justify . The sole purpose of this blog is plainly to express and share my opinion to the never ending GENDER topic, must be it role, attitude, personality and as such. Have fun! Feel free to share your insights as well <3
10 RANDOM FACTS about WOMEN:
1. When a woman answers, "I'm fine" after a few seconds, she is not fine.
- Ok, guilty! Now tell me who doesn’t do this. We may have different purpose, excuse or alibis for committing this act, but we’ve all done this not only once or twice in our lives, but most of the time. Agree? I do this when I don’t feel like talking after an argument or misunderstanding, when I’m pissed off or not in the mood and when I want my partner to realize whatever he’s done. Also, my way of saying "c'mon I need a hug!" Just so you know, I incorporate different facial expressions and tone of voice to make the reason more obvious.
2. Women, no matter what size, are always going to be insecure about something on their body. It could be their weight, their nose, their chest size, or their butt. Even super models will have one thing on their body that they may not like or that they are insecure about, even if they never admit it to anybody.
- Need to say more? Billion times GUILTY! Christina Aguilera says “you are beautiful, no matter what they say, words can’t bring you down”, PINK insists “you are F*ckin’ perfect to me”, while Lady Gaga sings to you “I’m beautiful in a way, cause GOD makes no mistakes… I was born this way”, Beautiful shout outs to all women. However, it’s more of an addiction or there is a deeper reason why we do this all the time. I can be annoying at times complaining about my weight, and how I am not like this or that. We are all aware that we shouldn’t do this because it only leads to depression and low self-confidence/esteem. Maybe, I do this to seek comfort or assurance (sometimes, papansin na!) it’s the ugly truth, I can’t help it, You can’t help it.Just keep in mind, it's not healthy.
3. Women never have anything to wear. Don't question the racks of clothes in the closet; you "just don't understand".
- What about this one? I bet you are all laughing because you agree it's soooooo true! Can please someone help me why we keep doing this? Whenever a guy asks how come I still complain when I have a closet full clothes, some I havent even worn and price tags are still attached, I just can't seem to come up with a valid reason. First, I say I dont have anything to wear because admit it or not, if you have too much clothes, it's really difficult to find the perfect outfit. Other times, I can't stand wearing the same set of clothes I wore last week. Most of the time, my mind wanders and gets the better of me - I end up using it as an excuse to go shopping. Yet, again. Trust me, I'm working on it. i made a pact with myself to only go on a shopping spree when it's necessary. And there is also a rule we must follow "if you havent used it in 6 months, let it go for crying out loud!" hahahaha :D
4. A woman feels awkward if she does not carry anything in her hands. That is why they always carry their handbags around.
- See that bag in the picture, I can't live without it! I swear. It doesn't just feel awkward but i feel totally incomplete. I feel naked without a bag, a purse, or even just a wallet. It's like a women's tool box, or a survival kit only bigger and fashionable :) I have everything I need in my bag. Not even DORA can leave the house without her backpack!
5. Women like to smell good and this is why they have so many smelly beauty items. Whatever can be bought that has a smell, women usually do buy them. This includes shampoo, lotion, soap or body wash, and toiletry sprays.
- I love Body Shop's scented items. I buy the same scent from shower gel to bath soap, from lotion to body spray. I don't need to emphasize on this. it's part of the whole package :) I feel pretty when I'm presentable, look nice, and smell nice.
Till next blog my darlings!
ciao, xoxo <3
Sunday, January 22, 2012
It says right there, yes I'm still alive! I sure missed out alot here in blogging world. After a hurly burly couple of months, here I am trying my best to shovel out all the wonderful things I would like to share.
This will be a blog of random thoughts, fashion, scenarios and small happenings of my-oh-so-not-fabulous life.
1. Our Company's Christmas Party at Acacia Hotel last Dec 10, 2011. It's a Masquerade theme party. The very first time that I've worn something way out of my league. I strutted a black and white evening dress. I don't ever wear stripes because it makes me look a lil' wider. I fell inlove with the dress so I decided to move out of my comfort zone.
OUTFIT: Black and White Evening Dress courtesy of my mother, Black pumps with Diamond Studs from Parisian, a lovely black mask from Accessorize, an egg-shell colored purse and black gloves. I opted for a more classy evening look.
|Katy Perry Inspired look!|
When it comes to fashion, the next photo should be sent out to fashion police, but hey! I didnt know, so being the optimistic ME, I posed, took a snapshot and made a fool out of myself in a weird/laughable way. I think :)
|can't blame the carpet nor me, we have the same taste in fashion! hahah|
|Oh geez! now im embarrassed.|
Some pictures with friends and yes I changed outfit for the after party.
2.I have a bad habit of dying my hair almost every month. not to mention, curl it everytime because I naturally have a straight hair and no matter what I do to add volume, it doesnt work. Until One day I woke with a frizzy, and dry hair. It was all over my face. I had it rebonded tho I love beachy waves hairstyle. Here it is now:
3. My new pair for 2012. I just can't resist but to own this pair of shoes from JUAN.
Excuse me darlings but I have to go to bed cause im suffering from a bad case dysmenorrhea. to be continued.
Thank you all so much for your time.
till next blog lovelies! Ciao,